Re: Tech Docs and Consultants

From: Scott Lamb <slamb(at)slamb(dot)org>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
Subject: Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Date: 2003-04-15 17:39:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tuesday, Apr 15, 2003, at 12:35 US/Central, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Nor does your suggestion solve the problem of how to get the documents
> on the
> web page if the submitter doesn't have CVS access ....

I'm not sure I understand the CVS requirement as a big problem. I see
people not wanting CVS for two reasons:

- Requiring submitters to understand CVS. But honestly, I'm not sure
about the quality of any tech document written by someone who doesn't.

- Requiring submitters to have a CVS account. I've contributed via CVS
to many projects at which I have no account. I make a patch file and
send it to someone who does. I don't think that creates much more work
for me or them.

Scott