Re: pg_dump & restore question regarding creating with s

From: Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler(at)taylorwhite(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler(at)taylorwhite(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump & restore question regarding creating with s
Date: 2002-10-05 01:33:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

Josh

I found my problem. The dump file that I was using had records that had
been inserted a different way --- when I did another dump from the
production database -- which I verified started at 1 & incremented to the
644714974 -- then restored from that file (which is what I had thought was
being used to begin with) -- the restore worked fine -- the id started at 1
& incremented just as it was in the production database.

Sorry for any confusion -- but I learned much about serials & sequences
throught this exercise.

Thanks for your help!

Pam