pg_dump & restore question regarding creating with seri al

From: Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler(at)taylorwhite(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump & restore question regarding creating with seri al
Date: 2002-10-04 20:50:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Josh
thanks for replying but please let me clarify:

my original pg_dump has records with the id from 1 to 644714794.
my "replica" database started at 4064868 (where did that number come from?
--
there is not an id of 1 in the database)
I am rerunning it now -- to see if it happens again

which leads me to believe that the first record will have 1 as it's id

what I saw in the first try was 4064868????

I understand what is going on in sequences -- but I don't understand what I
am seeing.

thanks

Pam