Re: Recomended FS

From: Murthy Kambhampaty <murthy(dot)kambhampaty(at)goeci(dot)com>
To: 'Ben-Nes Michael' <miki(at)canaan(dot)co(dot)il>, postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recomended FS
Date: 2003-10-20 17:32:41
Lists: pgsql-general

You'd be well served if you could benchmark several filesystems and see
which one gives the best "performance" (talk about a loaded term) for your
application. Having said that, however, I'd recommend XFS for its
combination of performance and userspace tools (particularly xfsdump and
xfs_freeze).

Cheers,
Murthy