RE: Configuring ODBC

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: tblum(at)jus(dot)gov(dot)ar ("Tamara D(dot) Blum")
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Configuring ODBC
Date: 2001-08-24 07:00:19
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

"Tamara D. Blum" <tblum(at)jus(dot)gov(dot)ar> wrote:

>Hi, it is again me !!
>
>I could finally run postgresql, and i created a new database and a new table there. I also add a record in that table and now i want to view it from Access or StarOffice using ODBC.
>
>I there any command i have to run to access data (i've installed the postgresql ODBC driver in Windows) ?

There are not many ODBC command line clients :) The easiest way to test your ODBC installation is using MSQuery.
If you are asking about postgresql side, there is an option you must verify NOT to be set: in $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf, at the "host" line for the host you want to access the server from, the last word should not be "crypt". The windows driver doesn't support that feature.

>Thanks
>Tamara

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop(at)Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/