Re: How to access a table from one database to another database

From: "Melvin Davidson" <mdavidson(at)cctus(dot)com>
To: "VivekanandaSwamy R(dot)" <VivekanandaSwamyr(at)infics(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to access a table from one database to another database
Date: 2006-07-14 14:37:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

>Now i am in PAO database..now i want access table 'activity' in schema
'cas' in CAS database.
>How it is posible.

>i have 2 servers access i.e local and mainserver.
>How access table from one server to another server?

Please note, these are not question that are specific to Pgadmin.
You should be asking these question of
<mailto:pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)or> pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)or
<mailto:pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org> g

The short answer is that Postgresql currently does not support inter
database / server
connectivity. However, you can accomplish what you need by using the
dblink utility
provided in the contrib directory of source code.

ie: postgresql-8.0.6/contrib/dblink