Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution

From: "Eric B(dot) Ridge" <ebr(at)tcdi(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution
Date: 2009-10-19 19:12:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Oct 19, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> 1. Invent a GUC that has the settings backwards-compatible,
> oracle-compatible, throw-error (exact spellings TBD). Factory
> default,
> at least for a few releases, will be throw-error.

Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else, but *when* will the error
throw? During CREATE FUNCTION or during runtime? I'm secretly hoping
that it'll throw during CREATE FUNCTION. I'd rather have my entire
schema creation transaction abort so I can fix the problems up-front,
rather than at "random" while the application is running.

eric