Xpath() return xml[]

From: "Tamayo, Damian-p65828" <Damian(dot)Tamayo(at)gdc4s(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Xpath() return xml[]
Date: 2009-07-01 17:25:06
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Hi,
I have been developing in postgresql for a very short time. I am
currently having problems that I believe can be resolved with the right
query structure but as of yet have not been able to figure it out.
I am using xpath(xpathExpression, xml, Array[Array[]]) function form
8.3.7 (This is the version that I am currently implementing)
This function returns an xml[] ... However, the problem is that in the
xml array return I get the valid return values that I am looking for but
I also get empty sets. How can I return only the sets that returned
valid????
Example of output:
Id | xml[]
1 | <Root/>
2 | <Root/>
3 | {}
4 | {}
Etc.....
I want to only return the rows that did not return {}
Any help with this would be appreciated....
Thank you.

Damian Tamayo
General Dynamics C4 Systems

may contain GDC4S confidential or privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure is prohibited. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message.