Re: pgAdmin 1.8RC1 - failed to launch on Mac OS X

From: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jwa(at)wahlstedt(dot)fi>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: genetiq(at)gmail(dot)com, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 1.8RC1 - failed to launch on Mac OS X
Date: 2007-10-19 13:00:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 19.10.2007, at 15.51, Dave Page wrote:

> genetiq(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:

>>> In that case I'm afraid I have no idea. Anyone else?
>>
>> Maybe it will make sense if i build all components with
>> --enable-debug? I'm not much of a programmer, but if you give me some
>> clues how to collect crash data and debug info, I can do this.
>
> We can certainly try that. If you build a debug bundle (make the
> components with the debug flag, and instead of 'make install' run
> pkg/mac/debug-bundle.sh), you should then be able to run it under GDB
> with something like:
>
> gdb ./pgadmin3-debug.app/Contents/MacOS/pgAdmin3
>
> and then use 'run' to start it. When it crashes, lets start by using
> 'bt' to get a backtrace and take it from there (yes, it'll look
> like the
> original one from the crash report, but they're often misleading when
> generated from release builds).
>
> Regard, Dave

or…
if one has installed MacPorts, wxWidgets and pgAdmin3 have now debug
variants there (used for b2 recently) giving some information, too.
At the moment the app starts quite fine, for me at least.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
! http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0 A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386