table and column information from cursor?

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Subject: table and column information from cursor?
Date: 2005-04-09 14:03:35
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

I was wondering if there is some way I'm missing to get the table and
column information from a cursor. If I fetch from a cursor, the table
OID and column number values are 0 in the row description. If I execute
the same query directly without a cursor, the row description has the
correct values for table OID and column number. I'm using the v3
protocol via a socket with PostgreSQL 8.0.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL