Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
Subject: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Date: 2002-08-02 14:35:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net> writes:
> On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 23:30, Tom Lane wrote:
>> FWIW, I did not notice any of the core developers making that case.

> I've seen it used a lot.

Perhaps my meaning wasn't clear: I meant that no one who's familiar
with the code base has made that argument against inheritance. It
doesn't impact enough of the code to be a maintenance problem. There
is quite a bit of inheritance code in tablecmds.c, and one or two
other files, but overall it's a very small issue.