Postgres optimizer

From: Suresh <suiyengar(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres optimizer
Date: 2007-04-06 06:44:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I want to get the coding details regarding postgres optimizer. Essentially, which files correspond to which functions, how the algo is implemented, the flow etc.. Where can I find this material ?

Also, how to I start changing Postgres Code using eclipse platform (with tracing, debug functionalities ) ?

Thanks,
Suresh

Need Mail bonding?