create database from text file, to delete columns

From: e-letter <inpost(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create database from text file, to delete columns
Date: 2008-04-02 14:56:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

Readers,

I am using a program that saves data in csv format. I have realised
that I cannot view the file in my spreadsheet due to 256 column limit.

I think that I need to import the file into a database. Then I want to
review, then delete columns with null data.

I guess I can use the 'copy from' command? Also I do not know the
total number of columns so can I import into an empty database and the
columns are automatically created from the end of each line?

Yours,

postgresqlnovice(at)conference(dot)jabber(dot)org