Re: Timezones in 8.2.7

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Timezones in 8.2.7
Date: 2008-03-26 17:28:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net> writes:
> Sorry, I didn't realize what you were asking.
> [local]:owl=# SHOW TimeZone;
> TimeZone
> ----------
> EST5EDT
> (1 row)

[ squint... ] That should certainly think that we're into DST;
it does here:

regression=# set timezone = 'EST5EDT';
SET
regression=# select now();
now
2008-03-26 13:25:22.088717-04
(1 row)

The only thing I can think is that the copy of the timezone data file
you have in your Postgres installation is several years old and predates
the law change. Did you check the stuff under $SHAREDIR/timezone?
(pg_config --sharedir will tell you what SHAREDIR is)