Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-25 06:11:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Lastly, who really cares? Does it really matter? No. I would much rather
> Warren (if he has the skills) put some effort into Patch Review.

That's pretty much the bottom line. CVS is not so broken that it's a
problem for us today. I have no doubt that it could be a problem if we
had different usage patterns, but we don't. We have the opportunity to
wait and see what will emerge in the SCMS competition, and IMHO that's
what we should do. There are many more-pressing things for us to spend
time on right now than an SCMS conversion.

I also tend to think that a conversion will be easier in a year or two
than it is today --- the problems noted upthread are certainly a
heads-up that cvs2svn is not yet as robust as one could wish.