Re: SVN and Postgres 8.3

From: Vick Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SVN and Postgres 8.3
Date: 2009-07-30 15:02:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Phoenix Kiula<phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> We installed 8.3.7 on a new server. Some of the config changes such as
> tracker_acvitity etc are nice.
>
> But big problem. When I start SVN on this machine (which we need!) I
> see this error:
>

> -----
> svn: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.4: cannot open
> -----

I didn't even know svn could be linked with postgres libraries. I
think what you need to do is either rebuild subversion without Pg
support, or rebuild it against the 8.3 client libraries. If you're
not running the svn server on this machine, then just build/install
the svn client portions, not the server bits. The client has no
reason to speak to postgres directly anyhow.