Re: pltcl tests fail with FreeBSD 13.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pltcl tests fail with FreeBSD 13.2
Date: 2023-07-31 22:33:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I saw that CI image builds for freebsd were failing, because 13.1, used until
> now, is EOL. Update to 13.2, no problem, I thought. Ran a CI run against 13.2
> - unfortunately that failed. In pltcl of all places.

I tried to replicate this in a freshly-installed 13.2 VM, and could
not, which is unsurprising because the FreeBSD installation process
does not let you skip selecting a timezone --- which creates
/etc/localtime AFAICT. So I'm unconvinced that we ought to worry
about the case where that's not there. How is it that the CI image
lacks that file? (And could it be that we had one in the predecessor
13.1 image?)