Re: Cursor keys not working, repost.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Grant <grant(at)conprojan(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cursor keys not working, repost.
Date: 2001-05-10 22:24:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

Grant <grant(at)conprojan(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> 1. Is it documented that readline-4.1 is a requirement for postgresql v7.1
> in order to use the cursors?

No, because it isn't a requirement; we do work with older readline
versions, I'm just not sure how far back. I know I have functional
editing and history on an old RedHat box that has readline 3.0.
If anyone wants to research readline 2.* and figure out where the
compatibility boundary is, we could certainly put that into the docs ...