Re: pg_restore - hangs or check on progress

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Birchall, Austen" <austen(dot)birchall(at)metoffice(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore - hangs or check on progress
Date: 2013-04-16 14:03:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Birchall, Austen" <austen(dot)birchall(at)metoffice(dot)gov(dot)uk> writes:
> The restore completed very quickly but I got the following errors - this is a postgis database
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed for table "admcntry_gl3m0ahcmp__st" : ERROR: ESRI: error getting spatial references for srid = 13:

> Anybody know what is happening here?

I think pg_restore is not aware that the postgis support tables have to
be loaded up before geometric data can be restored. (That whole area is
something that's been greatly improved since 8.4.) I'd suggest
consulting the postgis docs or mailing lists as to the recommended
procedure for dump/restore on older versions.