Re: Rearrangement of the HTML docs build rules

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rearrangement of the HTML docs build rules
Date: 2009-07-13 20:17:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think I have finally figured out a way to do this correctly now.

Yay. The existing method completely sucks --- I find that it *never*
does one run on a rebuild, but at least two and sometimes three.
I don't know whether it's feasible to implement "rebuild only if the
index changed" in make, but we definitely haven't got that now, so
eliminating the attempt is no hardship.