This is disturbing...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: This is disturbing...
Date: 1998-10-28 19:49:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I did a database dump and reload on my play system just now in order
to check Bruce's latest system table change. Something very weird
has happened since the prior dump, which was Saturday: two regular
tables and two sequences lost all their tuples! (The empty sequences
made pg_dump unhappy, so I had to delete them just to make a dump.)

I don't believe I did anything to touch those particular tables since
Saturday. Certainly I did not do a DELETE.

Disappearing data in what is supposed to be almost-releasable code
is distressing, to put it mildly. Any thoughts on what to look at?