Re: Oracle to PSQL function

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pete <pmdwise(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle to PSQL function
Date: 2007-03-29 19:24:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Pete <pmdwise(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> I am looking for an on line help with loads of examples for PSQL
> specifically in regards to stored procedures or functions.
> The following does not help me much.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-createfunction.html

Try
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/plpgsql.html
particularly
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/plpgsql-porting.html

plpgsql tries to be like Oracle's pl/sql, but that only carries as far
as the function body. The outer CREATE FUNCTION syntax is not under
its control and is significantly different from Oracle's.