Re: CVS in docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS in docs
Date: 2010-09-22 18:37:07
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 20:25, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Uh, why only back to 8.2?

> Based on the "the others are discontinued just over a month from now anyway"...

Yeah, but they will each have a final release. Don't we want to have
the updated info in the final releases? I don't care about the
incidental CVS mentions, but replacing cvs.sgml with that new chapter
seems worth the trouble.

> BTW, there are a ton of conflicts backpatching each step.

Welcome to the fun of back-patching. Did you get any leverage from
cherry-picking, or did it seem to be just as stupid as plain "patch"?