Re: pgsql: Introduce latches.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Introduce latches.
Date: 2010-09-12 04:10:58
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> Portions Copyright (c) 1994, Regents of the University of California

> Is that line needed for new files introduced by the Community?

If you can show clearly that no part of a new file has any connection
to the historical Postgres code base, then no you wouldn't need to
include such a credit. But that seems like an improbable assumption
for most new code added to Postgres. By and large, I think we should
acknowledge our connections to the work that's gone before, not try
to deny that there's any.