Re: SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Chris Ochs" <chris(at)paymentonline(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted
Date: 2004-09-10 21:15:28
Lists: pgsql-general

"Chris Ochs" <chris(at)paymentonline(dot)com> writes:
> On 8 beta1 I get 'SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted' *sometimes* when
> executing the following, but only when there are other clients connecting to
> the same database.

Hmm. The SMgrRelation hashtable is local in each backend, so I'm not
sure I believe the correlation to other backends being active, but ...

What I'd suggest doing is changing the elog(ERROR) to elog(PANIC)
(in smgrclose in src/backend/storage/smgr/smgr.c), rebuilding with
--enable-debug if you didn't already, and then getting a debugger
stack trace from the core dump next time it happens.