Re: Porting PG Extension from UNIX to Windows

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "insaf(dot)k" <insaf(dot)k(at)zohocorp(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Porting PG Extension from UNIX to Windows
Date: 2018-05-08 06:42:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

25.04.2018 11:45, insaf.k wrote:
> I've done some research regarding compiling in Windows. I am not sure
> in what way I should compile the extension. AFAIK, Visual Studio is
> not POSIX compliant and so I'll have to rewrite all those POSIX calls
> using Windows API. So it's better to compile the extension in Cygwin.
>
> I have some questions regarding compiling the extension in Cygwin. Do
> I have to build PG in Cygwin, if I want to compile the extension in
> Cygwin?
I think it might depend on the extension, but we have managed to use
mingw-compiled extension with VS-compiled PG. Please look at the demo
script:
https://pastebin.com/3jQahYNe
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

------
Alexander Lakhin
The Russian Postgres Company