Re: COPY command and required file permissions

From: "bruno(dot)scovoli" <bruno(dot)scovoli(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY command and required file permissions
Date: 2010-06-23 21:01:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have an script with many "\copy" commands. For example:

\copy privilegios from '/work/eclipse-workspace/Canoan
Server/database/load/privilegios.dat'
\copy privilegios_de_usuarios from '/work/eclipse-workspace/Canoan
Server/database/load/privilegios_de_usuarios.dat'
\copy classificacoes from '/work/eclipse-workspace/Canoan
Server/database/load/classificacoes.dat'
\copy tipo_de_produto from '/work/eclipse-workspace/Canoan
Server/database/load/tipos.dat'

This lines are OK. But when I remove the preceding backslash from them I get
the error that you mentioned.