Re: Optimizer Bug issue

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ismail Kizir" <ikizir(at)tumgazeteler(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Optimizer Bug issue
Date: 2004-05-25 23:38:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Ismail Kizir" <ikizir(at)tumgazeteler(dot)com> writes:
> I am sure default values are erronous.

Perhaps they are --- for your database, on your hardware. Or perhaps
the problem is somewhere else (we know that the costing of nestloop
indexscan joins needs work, for instance). But in any case there's
a reason why these numbers are tweakable. It doesn't follow that the
defaults should be changed.