Re: SCMS question

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-22 08:05:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org> writes:
> On Thursday 22 February 2007 00:42, you wrote:
>> I think you just made my point for me.

> I wasn't trying to convince so much as get an opinion.

Well, sure, it's all opinion ;-). But the overall costs of changing
SCMS are pretty enormous IMHO. We're not going to do it just to find
out if the grass might be greener on the other side of the fence.
If you'd like to see it happen then you need to make some convincing
arguments ... starting with recommending one specific SCMS that we
should change to. If you haven't got a clear and defensible opinion
on that, then you've already lost my interest.