Re: Don't pass NULL pointer to strcmp().

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Xing Guo <higuoxing(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Don't pass NULL pointer to strcmp().
Date: 2023-11-02 00:24:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Xing Guo <higuoxing(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> There're extensions that set their boot_val to NULL. E.g., postgres_fdw

Hmm ... if we're doing it ourselves, I suppose we've got to consider
it supported :-(. But I'm still wondering how many seldom-used
code paths didn't get the message. An example here is that this
could lead to GetConfigOptionResetString returning NULL, which
I think is outside its admittedly-vague API spec.