Re: Fix for log_executor_stats

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix for log_executor_stats
Date: 2004-03-04 21:24:46
Lists: pgsql-patches

> it only logs executor stats for PORTAL_MULTI_QUERY queries. I assume
> this was done so that individual queries are logged rather than the
> entire multi-query.

I think it was just an oversight. IIRC, the PORTAL_MULTI_QUERY path of
control is the only one that has direct predecessor code in pre-7.4
releases. I probably missed the need to add stats code to the new code
paths.

Are you sure that log_executor_stats is the only missing case?

Also, I am not sure that the code paths for "extended query" messages
are doing logging correctly. I recall being worried about how to
translate the logging definitions into situations where parsing and
execution are separate, or where a statement may be partially executed
and then we come back for more. I didn't have time in the 7.4 cycle to
really think about it, but someone should take a look.