Re: [pgaccess-users] RE: [HACKERS] bugzilla.pgaccess.org

From: "Iavor Raytchev" <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>, <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>, <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, <developers(at)pgaccess(dot)org>, <users(at)pgaccess(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgaccess-users] RE: [HACKERS] bugzilla.pgaccess.org
Date: 2002-07-10 16:49:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Josh Berkus said:
> Iavor,
>
>> Any other suggestions?
>
> I can tell you from experience that Double-Choco-Latte, another
> PHP/PostgreSQL tool, is really set up just for single projects. So it
> would work fine for PGAccess-only. However, DCL has its own problems
> and is not necessarily better than Mozilla; I personally don't think
> it's worth switching tools just to eat our own dogfood if we don't gain
> some functionality in the process.
>
> I'd love to re-write one of these tools someday; they all have ghastly
> UI problems. Right. Just after I do the accounting program, and get
> caught up on my tax filing, and re-paint the bathroom ...

Thanks, Josh. This was the answer I wanted to hear.

> The one thing that really "bugs" me about Mozilla/Issuezilla is that,
> if you click the link on an issue e-mail, you don't get automatically
> logged in, forcing you to search for the bug a second time if you want
> to commment or close the issue. Grrr. Also there's no option *not* to
> get the darned e-mails for people who check the web interface
> regularly.

What don't you try bugzilla.bugzilla.org or something like that :)

I mean - the guys at Mozilla have made a great product using Bugzilla. I
would be happy if we bring pgaccess at least to the level of Mozilla. Then
we can talk about changing the bug tracking system. Agreed?