Re: mcvstats serialization code is still shy of a load

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: mcvstats serialization code is still shy of a load
Date: 2019-06-27 04:04:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> OK. Attached is a patch ditching the alignment in serialized data. I've
> ditched the macros to access parts of serialized data, and everything
> gets copied.

I lack energy to actually read this patch right now, and I don't currently
have an opinion about whether it's worth another catversion bump to fix
this stuff in v12. But I did test the patch, and I can confirm it gets
through the core regression tests on hppa (both gaur's host environment
with gcc 3.4.6, and the OpenBSD installation with gcc 4.2.1).