Re: Can't detect time zone

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't detect time zone
Date: 2004-05-31 16:48:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> Any reason why postgres can't detect time zone on my machine
> automatically?

>> I'm guessing the TZ code isn't identifying Aussie timezones.

So what *is* your zone, exactly? I don't see how you expect us to
figure out why it's not matching when we don't know what it's not
matching.

There already are some debug printouts in CVS tip. If you set
log_min_messages to debug4 or debug5 you should get reams of
log messages about why each tested TZ setting didn't seem to match
the system's timezone. If you could send along the output for
the zones that seem like reasonable candidates to match, it'd help.