reducing postgresql disk space

From: paladine <yasinmalli(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reducing postgresql disk space
Date: 2010-05-26 14:16:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

How can I reduce disk space postgresql used ?
I tried to delete many rows from my database and
I am running ' vacuum analyze reindexdb ' commands regularly
but my disk space on my linux machine didn't reduce.

I know that ' vacuum full ' command can do that but I don't want to use
that command because of the disadvantages.

Anyone know another method ?

Thanks in advance.