Re: Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Patrick Earl" <patearl(at)patearl(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.
Date: 2007-01-11 19:23:18
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

"Patrick Earl" <patearl(at)patearl(dot)net> writes:
> We're getting the error as part of an automated test suite and it is
> seems to occur every time the suite is run. The platform is Win XP 64
> bit.

Hm. We've seen problems of this ilk caused by bogus antivirus software,
but if that were the explanation it's not clear why running the test
locally vs remotely would change anything.

Another theory is that it's got something to do with Windows' problems
with unlinking open files --- we've found that "permission denied" can
be the error code when attempting to open a file that's been unlinked
but isn't yet gone because someone is holding it open. Can you
determine whether the complained-of relation is one that's recently been
deleted?