Re: Server Crash while running sqlsmith [TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(keylen < 64)", File: "hashfunc.c", Line: 139) ]

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Server Crash while running sqlsmith [TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(keylen < 64)", File: "hashfunc.c", Line: 139) ]
Date: 2016-12-23 16:03:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> While running sqlsmith against PG v10 , found a crash . Not sure
> whether it is reported earlier or not . Please refer the standalone
> testcase for the same -

Hmm, so that can be boiled down to

regression=# select has_server_privilege(repeat('x',100),'y');

which indicates that something is being slothful about identifier
length truncation. It looks like that's not the only member of
the has_foo_privilege family with that disease, either:

regression=# select has_column_privilege('tenk1',repeat('x',100),'y');

The majority of those functions truncate putative identifiers before
trying to look them up, and I think these should as well.