regenereate data/ locales

From: Maxi Combina <maxicombina(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: regenereate data/ locales
Date: 2005-08-22 14:10:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,
I am using postgresql 7.4.5, and was having some trouble with the
initcap() function. The problem was the following:
initcap('aéeou') = AéEou,

and I need
initcap('aéeou') = Aéeou,

I found in the documentation that to correct this behaviour, I must
run initdb --locale=SOMETHING.

Well, I did it (with --locale=es_AR), and now it works!

However, I could not did it in an easy way, because initdb complained
saying that the data/ directory was not empty. So, I had to dump all
my databases, remove the files from data/, run `initdb --locale=es_AR'
and restore the databases.

Is there any shorter way to change the locales? I didnot found any
`recreate' or `regenerate' command.

Regards,
Maxi