Re: PL/perl should fail on configure, not make

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgbuildfarm(at)jdrake(dot)com
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, "Aaron W(dot) Swenson" <titanofold(at)gentoo(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/perl should fail on configure, not make
Date: 2013-01-11 05:48:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

pgbuildfarm(at)jdrake(dot)com writes:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Without access to the machine it's pretty hard to know, so I was just
>> speculating fairly wildly. If Jeremy can find out what the problem is that
>> would be good, or if he can give us access to the machine it shouldn't be
>> terribly hard to get to the bottom.

> I'll see what I can do. For now, I can tell you that it works with GCC
> and fails with ICC.

Well, that's darn interesting in itself, because the error message looks
like it should be purely a linker issue. (And I note that your other
buildfarm animal mongoose uses icc but is working anyway, so that's
definitely not the whole story ...)

Please note Aaron Swenson's offer of help too -- he's probably a lot
better qualified than anybody else here to figure out what is going on
with this.