Re: BUG #16920: Can't compile PostGIS with MingW64 against PostgreSQL 14 head

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Subject: Re: BUG #16920: Can't compile PostGIS with MingW64 against PostgreSQL 14 head
Date: 2021-03-14 08:56:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi> writes:
> Is this the same issue that was discussed here?
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/f1caef93-9640-022e-9211-bbe8755a56b0%402ndQuadrant.com

Hard to tell. We've seen reports like this come and go for no apparent
reason -- for example, if you check the previous thread at

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA%2BBEBhvHhM-Bn628pf-LsjqRh3Ang7qCSBG0Ga%2B7KwhGqrNUPw%40mail.gmail.com

the problem appeared to bisect down to commits that logically
should have nothing to do with it. Which is just like the
current situation. That smells like a compiler bug to me.
So the idea that "this setjmp implementation is just broken"
is gaining some credence in my eyes. Googling "mingw setjmp"
shows that similar complaints have been around for a decade
... which is weird, you'd think they'd have fixed it by now.