Re: Cached plans and statement generalization

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cached plans and statement generalization
Date: 2017-05-25 15:54:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10.05.2017 19:11, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:

> Based on the Robert's feedback and Tom's proposal I have implemented
> two new versions of autoprepare patch.
>
> First version is just refactoring of my original implementation: I
> have extracted common code into prepare_cached_plan and
> exec_prepared_plan
> function to avoid code duplication. Also I rewrote assignment of
> values to parameters. Now types of parameters are inferred from types
> of literals, so there may be several
> prepared plans which are different only by types of parameters. Due to
> the problem with type coercion for parameters, I have to catch errors
> in parse_analyze_varparams.

Attached please find rebased version of the autoprepare patch based on
Tom's proposal (perform analyze for tree with constant literals and then
replace them with parameters).
Also I submitted this patch for the Autum commitfest.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size