Re: Some minor changes to pgbench

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some minor changes to pgbench
Date: 2006-08-24 02:40:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> Would it be worthwhile to add a switch so that the foreign key test is
> only used "if" they use the switch in conjunction with a -i?

I wouldn't object to providing that as a (non default) option.

The int8 change should be unnecessary in view of Tatsuo's recent fix
to make the random deltas symmetrical about zero. I would counsel
against making the other changes either, as they seem to accomplish
little except make the comparability of results more doubtful.