Re: pgsql: Generic Messages for Logical Decoding

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Generic Messages for Logical Decoding
Date: 2016-04-06 13:35:35
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Generic Messages for Logical Decoding

The buildfarm thinks this was a remarkably poor choice of random data
payload:

SELECT 'luouk k' FROM pg_logical_emit_message(true, 'test', 'luouk k');
?column?
luouk k

Since this test is not, so far as I can see, at all interested in
character encoding questions, I suggest not using non-ASCII data in it.