Re: [INTERFACES] Postgre Perl on WIN NT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Christopher R(dot) Jones" <cj(at)interlog(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Postgre Perl on WIN NT
Date: 1999-03-04 14:59:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Christopher R. Jones" <cj(at)interlog(dot)com> writes:
> I am trying to build the Perl module in WINNT with VC++ 6.0.
> Unfortunately, VC++ has reserved the work "keyword" which is defined in
> libgg-fe.h:

(rolls eyes...) Microsoft have never been too concerned about adherence
to standards, have they?

> typedef struct _PQconninfoOption
> {
> char *keyword;

Unfortunately PQconninfoOption is part of the exported API of libpq,
so if I rename that field I can expect to break existing application
code :-(. I'm not eager to do that. If it were a strictly internal
change then renaming the field would be OK.

You might look at VC's compiler switches to see if it has a mode
where it actually compiles ANSI C++, and not some other language.

regards, tom lane