Re: Possible Bug: high CPU usage for stats collector in 8.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>, Darcy Buskermolen <darcyb(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible Bug: high CPU usage for stats collector in 8.2
Date: 2007-03-06 07:15:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> writes:
> On Mar 2, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>> Any guess on when we'd see an 8.2.4? I have a business reason for
>> asking.

> If history is any guide, probably when a 'reasonably large fix' to
> something comes around,

Well, what with Bruce on vacation for the next ten days, and tremendous
pressure to review various people's random 8.3 patches, you should not
expect to see any new back-branch releases in March unless the sky
starts falling on us. I'm not real happy about that, because we've
accumulated several moderately significant bug fixes in the 8.2 branch
since 8.2.3, but I don't currently see a sufficient case for expending
a day on a new release...