Versioning

From: Jim Beard <beard(at)counterclaim(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Versioning
Date: 2006-01-24 17:02:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hey folks,

Sorry if I missed this being covered in a FAQ, but the odbc driver
version numbers are a little confusing. Do I need to match odbc
driver version numbers to my postgres install version numbers? I
have 7.4.6 on my redhat server, and want to connect with a 3rd party
app that supports odbc on windows. So I went to grab the latest odbc
and noticed after I installed that the driver is 8.x. Should this be
OK?

Thanks for any help!

- Jim