Unique keys on views

From: <dklugmann(at)kerenor(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unique keys on views
Date: 2005-06-01 11:58:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi

Is it possible to refer to a unique row identifier on a view ?

I have the following view but in a subsequent select I need to refer to
each row's unique identifier and I know oid's are not valid for a view.

create view persontransit
as
select personid, planet, name as aspectname, position as planetposition,
position+angle as transitposition
from personplanet, aspect
union
select personid, planet, name as aspectname, position as planetposition,
position-angle as transitposition
from personplanet, aspect
where name != 'OPPOSITION';

Many thanks