Re: Massive table bloat

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
To: "Thom Brown" <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Massive table bloat
Date: 2010-03-03 17:57:00
Lists: pgsql-general

I already do on a nightly basis (which is probably not often enough in this case) and have got autovacuum running. I'll check into FSM settings as suggested by Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, there's probably half a solution to the problem there, the other half being probably the autovacuum daemon not visiting this table nearly often enough.

Kind regards

Markus

Computec Media AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818)
Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender) und Rainer Rosenbusch
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276