best practice in archiving CDR data

From: Juan Backson <juanbackson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: best practice in archiving CDR data
Date: 2010-03-29 13:27:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am using Postgres to store CDR data for voip switches. The data size
quickly goes about a few TBs.

What I would like to do is to be able to regularly archive the oldest data
so only the most recent 6 months of data is available.

All those old data will be stored in a format that can be retrieved back
either into DB table or flat files.

Does anyone know how should I go about doing that? Is there any existing
tool that can already do that?

thanks,
jb