Re: Archives policy

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Archives policy
Date: 2009-04-16 19:03:58
Lists: pgsql-www

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> (and I don't think we're going to attempt to delete pornographic
>> messages posted months ago -- if anything of the sort happens, action is
>> going to be taken pretty hastily).

> Agreed ... there isn't any reason why someone 'internally' doesn't notice
> it from jus scanning the lists ...

I think by far the most likely problem scenario is that someone claims
to hold copyright on something-or-other in an old message and files a
DMCA takedown notice against it. AFAICT the standard of proof in such
cases is "guilty until proven innocent", so we'd probably have to cave
rather than argue about it. How are the copyright laws in Canada these
days?